|Job Ref:||204736035||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotland||Address:||Post Code:||EH2||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Working with the Client's Team and the wider ESD team, this person will ensure that cost effective, technically compliant and buildable solutions are designed, approved and handed over to the construction teams in line with programme expectations and in accordance with the Project Delivery Process, ensuring stakeholder engagement, 3rd Party liaison and compliance with relevant standards and procedures and with appropriate regard to risk to the health and safety of all concerned and ensuring good customer satisfaction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure designs are completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
• Ensure a safe working environment for all staff
• Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
• Agree the design cost budget and monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
• Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
• Organising the work required and documenting it in the Design Management Plan
• Delivering the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
• Coordinating design outputs across all technical disciplines
• Preparing monthly project status reports
• Raising and resolution of technical queries
• Establish working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs
Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
• Experience in multidisciplinary process plant schemes
• Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
• Knowledge and experience of Off-Site construction techniques
• Interest & desire to be innovative
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
• Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
• Degree or equivalent qualification
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline as appropriate to grade
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience in Water Industry in Scotland
• Level of experience as appropriate to grade