|Job Ref:||204735306||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Are you a production planner looking for the next great opportunity?|
Ford and Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced production planner for a major rail business in South Yorkshire for a 12 month fixed term contract.
The role of production planner represents a great opportunity for an experienced professional to apply their skills to a new area of a well-known rail business. The role will see you challenged to develop production plans to deliver to tight customer deadlines and liaising with operations departments and account managers to ensure expectations are met. You will also be using your existing knowledge to ensure efficiency with the plans which result in time or cost savings without affecting quality.
Location: This position is based out of the client's Doncaster office
Role and Responsibilities:
* Developing production plans to achieve customer satisfaction by delivering on time
* Creating and managing Bills of Materials to make sure that planning and procurement data is up to date
* Promoting cost savings by efficient planning
* Maintaining documentation and issuing plans and specifications to support the production process
* Data reporting to customers both internal and external to keep them updated
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable production planning experience within an engineering environment and will be able to work to tight customer deadlines. They will also be articulate and able to communicate well with a range of individuals as liaising with internal departments is vital for this role. The ability to use SAP and MRP systems is highly desirable.
Closing date: 7th October
Likely job titles: Production Planner, Production Scheduler, Manufacturing Scheduler