|Job Ref:||204735303||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum up to 55k depending on experience||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:13|
Technical Project Manager (smart glazing)|
Our client is a University of Oxford spinout commercialising breakthrough, thin-film optical technologies in a range of applications including ultra-high resolution, low-power reflective displays and dynamic smart glazing applications.
As part of our growth, we are seeking a Technical Project Manager to lead the development of our highly innovative smart glazing technology in conjunction with external partners. The role will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
The appointed candidate will:
1. Manage and contribute to a highly technical, multi-faceted development programme that moves our core technology towards a commercial product in the automotive industry.
2. Show initiative and creativity to help the wider technical team achieve ambitious technical milestones. You will need to be an effective manager of both internal and external resources.
3. Build upon the existing technical case for deploying our core technology in smart glazing, through a detailed understanding of the competitor landscape.
4. Be flexible in taking responsibility for different technical elements within our company and to travel to partner sites overseas based on technical or commercial needs. Such travel might occur at short notice.
1. If required, supporting the Senior VP of Business Development in commercialisation activities and the Chief Technology Officer in matters relating to core technology development.
2. Assisting with other practical and administrative duties as required. This is a small company, and all staff members are expected to contribute to these tasks.
You should ensure that your letter of application, together with your cv, indicate how your experience and qualifications fulfil the following selection criteria, as your application will be judged on that basis.
1. Substantial work experience in either the automotive engineering, thin-film materials, flexible electronics or glazing/glass industries, gained in a technical project management or product development role.
2. A commercial/customer mindset.
3. A good first degree (or equivalent working experience) in physics, materials, electronic/electrical engineering or related area.
4. An understanding of optical technologies.
5. A track record of problem-solving and creativity, including patented ideas or published novel research results.
6. Experience of having developed prototype designs and transferred these through to fabrication or taken a labscale process and introduced that into production.
7. Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing in English at a suitable standard for the preparation of written reports, publications and presentation of research, both within the company and at external engagements.
8. Evidence of a high-level of self-motivation and the ability to meet agreed deadlines.
9. Ability to work effectively both independently and as an active member of a project team, working cooperatively within the group, while effectively planning your own workload within the project.
10. Willingness and ability to travel for short periods to work with collaborators abroad, if required.
1. 11. Experience of products relating to optical thin-film interference (highly desirable)
2. 12. Candidates should be free to take up the post in December 2016 or soon thereafter if at all possible, although a later starting date may be agreed for a strong appointable candidate