|Job Ref:||204734916||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£15000 - £20000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
My client is an international supplier to power generation industry and they have an excellent opportunity for a PRODUCTION PLANNER (MRP) to join their team based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.|
As part of the Manufacturing Department you will report to the Manufacturing Manager and control the MRP scheduling and material requirements of all items required for the manufacturing process.
* To assist in the setting, actioning and progressing of all MRP demands in order for Manufacturing to deliver on time.
* To recommend to Management a course of action when schedule deadlines are under threat.
* To liase with representatives from Project Management, Planning, Purchasing, Assembly, Machine and Stores areas for requirements to be undertaken to meet the above Manufacturing requirements.
* To review all manufacturing assembly times taken, with a view to reducing the standard times if and when efficiency gains can be made.
* To carry out any other duties that can be assessed to be part of the role.
* To carry out the duties in a manner that safeguards the post holder own health and safety, as well as that of his / her colleagues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Must be fully computer confident, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Lotus Notes.
* Must have experience & a good understanding of MRP / SAP systems & control techniques.
* Several years experience in a production / manufacturing environment.
* A high level of self-motivation coupled with a good problem solving ability