|Job Ref:||204734856||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Project Technical Leader - Water|
Location - Edinburgh
Salary - £Competitive DoE
Cyrus's Client sets the highest standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings.
At present they are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Civil Design Engineer based out of their Inverness joint venture office.
Based in Edinburgh, the Project Team Leader will be responsible for leading teams to develop solutions and produce associated designs to enable the successful delivery of projects.
You will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers, Technicians and Specialists in the delivery of needs assessments, studies and solution development associated with the delivery of a major capital investment programme. The scope encompasses; planning and monitoring of project delivery, management of 3rd party liaison and statutory approvals, team management and responsibility for project performance. This role will report to the Regional Head of Delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead project teams to develop and deliver solutions on projects
* Work with Project Managers to deliver projects to high standards, on time and on budget.
* Co-ordinate multi-disciplinary activities and inputs by the project team, including specialist inputs, to ensure an integrated solution
* Close liaison with Client and other stakeholder representatives
* Ensure project outputs conform to the scope, are safe and are of an appropriate quality that has been confirmed by an independent review
* Delivery of project outputs on time and in accordance with the allocated budgets, and ensuring Client endorsement.
* Build strong working relationships with clients, partners, consultants and contractors.
* Achievement of project delivery milestones - deliver quality outputs to budget and schedule.
* Achievement of utilisation targets.
* Contribution to company culture and values.
* Satisfaction of external clients with the quality of delivery and services
* Contribution to the professional development of technical staff.
In this role you will be required to take a hands-on approach to manage the delivery of project output to ensure that solutions and the delivery process both satisfy the scope of works and provide value for money. You are required to communicate across delivery teams to ensure that delivery is being achieved within acceptable quality, cost and schedule parameters and take proactive action to support project teams to achieve their goals. There will be a strong emphasis on Stakeholder management and good communications skills will be vital. You will need to understand the activity of the project teams, identify and manage programme risk items, and ensure good technical governance procedures are followed.
Skills and Experience:
* Professionally qualified Engineer
* Engineering experience in senior technical, professional or management positions.
* Experienced level of leadership i.e. capability in defining and setting direction for a team, project or business. Includes skills in strategic development, change management, communication and corporate stewardship.
* Experienced level of business development i.e. proven ability to directly participate in and support business opportunities, client services and account management processes.
* Expert level of client service management i.e. ability to interface with clients, build and maintain lasting and positive relationships with MWH clients.
* Experienced level of decision making i.e. capability to make quality business decisions, identify, assess, evaluate, negotiate and solve problems.
* Expert level of baseline skills i.e. professional and confident business and communication skills including financial awareness and reporting, presentation and report writing and relationship management.
* Experience in managing various streams of technical professionals to achieve holistic business outcomes.
* Ability to develop an environment where values and behaviours are embraced as part of the organisation's culture.
To be successful in this role you will be a dedicated and experienced chartered professional with an understanding of the issues affecting delivery of infrastructure projects. You will have experience working successfully in delivering studies and feasibility projects. You will have experience leading multi-disciplined teams delivering projects within the water sector and will have experience working on programmes of work in a management capacity.
The role requires strong organisational, communication and inter-personal skills, and the experience and knowledge to identify areas of improvement and make necessary adjustments to the business process.
In return our client is able to offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a company car/ car allowance.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then please send your cv or apply through our website