|Job Ref:||204738712||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Principal Engineer (Common Infrastructure) |
A Principal Engineer with Common Infrastructure experience is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Surrey.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK Defence Business
Overview of the Principal Engineer (Common Infrastructure) contract role
Producing system specifications derived from technical requirements, decomposing these into system and subsystem design descriptions, and software/hardware and interface requirement specifications. Maturing concept designs to meet designated technology readiness levels. Preparing and presenting design review material at product phase reviews to allow progression through the engineering lifecycle.
Key skills required for the Principal Engineer (Common Infrastructure)
Experience must include:
* You will have demonstrable experience in the specification, design and development of complex systems utilising COTS information technology.
* Systems architecture development including hardware and software specification, development and implementation.
* Good knowledge of the internals of Windows and Unix-based operating systems.
* Good level of understanding of real-time systems, network and switching protocols, and virtualised network environments.
* High-level experience of high-performance processing design, high-resilience networks, modern processing systems and virtualization (including VMware or other virtualised products).
* Experience of using UML.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience to ideally include:
* Software development utilising programming and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bourne/Bash shell, Python, Java, C#.
* An understanding of design-for-safety and the production of evidence to support product safety justifications.
* Requirements management within a DOORS environment.
* Enterprise Architecture
* Experience of the design, development, test and qualification of products for use in a military deployed environment.
* Ability and experience in interacting with and successfully influencing key stakeholders at all levels.
The role is based in Surrey - commutable from Aldershot, Farnborough, Wokingham, Bracknell, Chertsey, Weybridge, Woking, Guildford, Farnham, Winchester, Basingstoke and Reading with excellent access from Hampshire and Berkshire
If you are a Principal Test Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)