|Job Ref:||204734680||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£25 - £35/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
My client a leading manufacturer based in the Cheltenham area is looking for a Development Engineer to work on a contract basis at their Cheltenham facility. Candidates from an aerospace background with experience of machine shop environments would be highly suitable. |
* On technical issues, the Engineer will also report to the Chief Engineer, who will ensure that technical and professional standards are maintained.
* Both the Product Manager/Team Leader and the Chief Engineer will participate in the regular assessment and performance review of the Engineer.
* The incumbent receives close supervision on new aspects of assignments, often under the guidance of a Senior Engineer, as well as his/her Product Manager/Team Leader or the Chief Engineer.
* The Engineer is a contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development and testing of complex control hardware used on military, commercial and safety critical industrial equipment.
* Most new applications require a special, tailored design, even though adaptation of existing designs always should be considered where appropriate. The Engineer will operate as part of a Concurrent Engineering team, which includes other department Engineers. The incumbent may be assisted by Drafters, Technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
* In the early stages of a new programme, the Project team will consult with the customer, establish the problem statement, conceive of potential hardware solutions to the problem often through extensive trade studies, and then create a successful technical proposal.
* This phase is critical, in that it establishes the basis for future design, and for contract negotiations.
* Under the technical direction of the team's Product Manager/Team Leader and the Chief Engineer, the Engineer will then contribute to the evolution of the conceptual design, technical project planning, detail design and development testing, using prescribed methods, performing specific portions of the overall programme effort. For training and developmental purposes, the incumbent may receive assignments, which include some work that is of a higher level.
For further details, please contact Max Hall
Tel: (Apply online only)
Omega Resource Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Omega Selection Services are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff including: Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing Managers, Production Engineers, Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, Quality Inspectors, Quality Managers, Technicians, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters and Electro-Mechanical Assemblers to name but a few.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy