|Job Ref:||204734642||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Our client is currently recruiting for a Technical Project Manager to manage a team of Mechanical Engineers and designers to deliver project(s) to requisite quality standards within time and budget.|
They will take full responsibility for the delivery of the technical scope of the project throughout the complete project lifecycle from initial concept design through to handover and completion.
* Able to lead a team of skilled engineers and co-ordinate multidisciplinary interfaces
* Relevant experience in the baggage handling sector
* Able to plan and organise work in a challenging programme & budgeting environment
* Experience in a 'client facing' environment with multiple stakeholders
* Good confident communication skills and can interact with teams well
* Key Responsibilities :
* Knowledge of Airline/Handler baggage operational processes Experience of working with Project teams and an understanding of the project management process.
* Have working knowledge of Autodesk 3D Inventor Have a thorough working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D Good background in structural design Experience in leading teams of mechanical engineers.
* Experience of generating requirements from clients brief and decomposing into functional designs
* At least 3 years' experience in a mechanical engineering design office Have the ability to produce high quality accurate engineering drawings, including: System Layouts Design Schemes Experience of conveyor systems in manufacturing, process or mechanical handling environments. Ability to perform accurate site surveys
Job Description / Person Specification:
* Technical Project Manager (Mechanical Engineering) Be capable of designing bespoke equipment to resolve specific handling requirements (Special purpose machine design) Have the ability to perform basic stress and drive power calculations. Capable of working to challenging programme and budgetary constraints.
* Experience of working in an ISO9001 environment.
Qualifications & Experience
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering Recognised Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) or BTEC National CERT Equivalent (ONC in Mechanical Engineering)
* OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB Full airside pass or the ability to obtain one