|Job Ref:||204734369||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Integral Powertrain has a unique opportunity available for a Technical Buyer to join the team in Milton Keynes. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary plus benefits.|
Here at Integral Powertrain we are developing technologies which have the potential to change the future of the way vehicles are powered. Working with prestigious manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, our engineers create innovative, complex powertrain engineering solutions used for a wide range of applications.
We are looking for a Technical Buyer to be part of our evolving team, to purchase the components and materials which are used to create our outstanding technologies.
What are the responsibilities of the Technical Buyer?
- The Technical Buyer will be involved in sourcing a wide range of precision machined components, turned parts, castings, printed circuit boards and wiring assemblies
- Purchasing for specific projects and responding to Engineering Change requirements, ordering the required components in line with Engineering Releases and required timescales.
- Identify suitable suppliers and monitoring their performance and competitiveness.
- Effectively negotiate the price of technical products ensuring the best acquisition cost.
- Support the expediting of purchased components where necessary to meet tight deadlines, resolving or escalating any issues as required.
Skills & experience we are looking for will include:
- Experience of purchasing in a low to medium volume environment
- Have a strong understanding of technical drawings and bills of materials and possess a knowledge of precision manufacturing processes and materials.
- Confident in negotiating price / lead time balance in order to maximise value
- Previous experience of SAGE or similar operating systems.
- Ideally a CIPS Membership or significant study towards it.
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
As an employee of Integral Powertrain, you will receive ongoing personal development, outstanding training opportunities and an excellent benefits package including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to further your career as our Technical Buyer