|Job Ref:||204734201||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£8.30 - £9/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
* Straighten cast components to gauge blocks, using hydraulic straightening press and fly press.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) at all times including completion of job route cards.
* Ensure product quality is achieved by working to operator owned quality standards and requirements - OOQ.
* Identify and support Continuous Improvement activates.
* Finish metal cast products following a standard operating procedure/technique.
* Ensure safe working practices are carried out to minimise risks to the job holder and/or colleagues, including identifying and reporting Safety, Health and Environment issues.
* To achieve set productivity targets, and identify ways of improving productivity.
* Maintain 5S/housekeeping standards within work area.
* Record all activities in a timely manner on the job tracking system.
* Identify and escalate manufacturing issues to the appropriate person, participating in the resolution as required.
* Ability to hit targets in fast paced manufacturing environment
* Demonstrable high manual dexterity
* Good problem solving skills, able to understand movement of metal when forces are applied
* Experience of similar manufacturing environment (desirable)
* Team player
* Conscientious with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to follow quality standards, whilst carrying out repetitive work.
* Vocational qualifications in a subject requiring high manual dexterity (desirable)
Special Features (Optional):
* Multiskilling, job rotation, deputisation, shift working, travel
* Potential for shift working; non-guaranteed overtime; multi skilling and job rotation may be required