|Job Ref:||204731054||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Chippenham||Address:||Post Code:||SN15||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:11|
BMR Solutions is currently looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer for a client of ours based in the Chippenham, Wiltshire area.|
Role: Technical Support Engineer (Applications)
Department: Technical Support
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job Type: Permanent
The technical support engineer will provide high quality technical support to customers, partners and other engineers. Support is provided primarily via incoming telephone calls and email.
• Provide technical support to customers in line with departmental Standard Operating Procedures, with a focus on time to resolution, quality, accuracy and above all customer satisfaction.
• Perform software troubleshooting, diagnostics, and resolution for issues reported to the support department by customers and internal project and technical engineering departments.
• Document and record all activity and communication with customers via telephone and email according to departmental standard operating procedures and quality manual.
• Record all activity in the department's tracker system, updating cases at least every 3 days in order that progress can be tracked with each customer's incident, viewed via the customer portal and reports generated for high profile customers.
• Use and create knowledgebase articles in line with best practice based on new product information, support incidents, and/or common or critical issues.
• You will also be required to provide out of hours customer support as part of our support Rota.
• As required, assist with engineering projects. This may include office based system design & build activities and on site commissioning support. Therefore some international travel can be expected.
• Actively participate in team and departmental meetings by providing feedback on current day to day activity and recommendations for improvement.
Experience and Skills:
• A bachelor degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent work experience
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Server operating systems
• Strong support and/or administration experience for enterprise software solutions
• System administration/support experience in Windows platforms
• Basic Database/SQL skills
• Solid understanding of windows networking and Active Directory
• Handling customer cases via email systems
• Knowledge of Vmware / server virtualisation
• Good troubleshooting and customer-handling skills
• Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Solid problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency