|Job Ref:||204730760||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Attractive Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Role: Project Design Engineer|
Shorterm Group is currently supporting a fantastic client who specialise in the design, manufacture, service, and refurbishment of hydraulic bolt tensioning tools, hydraulic nuts, and ancillary equipment. They work to resolve bolting problems in a variety of markets across, Power Generation, Offshore and Sub Sea Oil & Gas, Mining and Process Plants to name a few.
This is a great role for a mechanically bias engineer to join a thriving and growing business, and support a host of different projects. Your responsibilities will be inclusive of, but not limited to:
* Creating and maintaining part, assembly, and general arrangement drawings using Pro/Engineer (CAD)
* Carrying out feasibility studies, application checks, reviews and calculations for project solutions in accordance with the design manual.
* Assuming responsibility for incoming enquiries and provide quotations (under the guidance of Engineering Manager), and manage costs relating to these enquiries.
* Resolving technical issues with customers where required (occasional travel/site visits may be required).
* Define part numbers and assembly structures for input into Bills of Materials (BOMs)
I am keen to speak with candidates who:
* Demonstrate high personal standards for accuracy and detail
* Have a proven mathematical aptitude
* Demonstrate a keenness and ability to solve technical problems
* Possess analytical skills (technical & commercial)
* Be personally creative
* Be self-motivated and possess the ability to take ownership of projects
The nature of this role does require candidates to possess the following Qualifications/Experience/Training:
* BEng in Mechanical Engineering or similar subject
* Minimum of 1 years' experience in an engineering design capacity (sandwich year considered)
* Familiarity with Pro/Engineer essential
* Familiarity with high pressure hydraulics would be an advantage
Should you have any queries please call Amnik Nashad on (Apply online only)/ (Apply online only). Alternatively to apply please submit your most recent CV
I look forward to receiving your applications