|Job Ref:||204730718||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Company Car or Car Allowance||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Title Senior Project Manager|
Department ME&I - Project Management Department
Location Company wide
Reports to Operational Director
Purpose of role
Established for well over 28 years the company our client strives to deliver the best customer experience, with a quality 'right first time' approach. The Senior Project Manager must successfully manage projects to fulfil the company's commitments in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner, striving for customer satisfaction and a safety first culture.
The Senior Project Manager will demonstrate excellent commercial aptitude in playing a pivotal role in delivering specialist projects (mainly within the UK Water Industry) with individual values ranging from c£5K to c£1m, and must have a committed and flexible 'can do' attitude to undertaking a multi-functional project management role to successfully deliver a variety of Electrical / Instrumentation / Controls / SCADA / Telemetry (with some minor mechanical / civils) related schemes.
He/she will be responsible for the complete project and programme management of multiple MEICA projects across the client portfolio, working with other members of the Project Management group as well as senior staff from the Operational and Business Development teams to assist in the commercial aspects of each project, supported with appropriate resources to conclude the works via the various multi-disciplined departments within which may or may not include sub-contracted labour as required.
This role will require the ability to effectively liaise with internal staff (both senior and junior) and external clients / contractors in a polite, professional and courteous manner.
Operating within a small project management team there will also be a requirement to travel for site surveys, site visits, meetings, etc and there may be a need for this role to work from remote site office locations or client offices depending on the scope of the project.
Typical (non-exhaustive) duties may include: -
• Initial project feasibility, survey, project scoping, estimation, design
• Assisting other Project Management or departmental staff as required
• Managing all project-related correspondence, schedules, plans, deliverables and documentation
• Planning and purchasing materials / sub-contractors as required
• Planning resource availability, and skills requirements liaising with internal staff to secure multi-disciplined internal labour
• Regular liaison with client representatives
• Adjusting projects priorities and milestones based upon the customer's changing needs
• Providing regular feedback on operational issues / concerns to stakeholders and senior managers
• Monitoring project budgets and assisting with data for commercial invoicing
• Ensuring that all Health & Safety processes and procedures are followed
• Planning and scheduling resources to meet project goals
The Senior Project Manager will also have the following responsibilities: -
• Ensure the safety of all employees, it's clients and the general public
• Ensure that all Company Policies & Procedures are adhered to
• Uphold the Company's brand name & reputation and ensure it is not damaged
• Follow the procedures as laid out within the Integrated Management Systems of the company
• Maintain company confidentiality as required
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent budget management
• Experienced commercial negotiator
• Ability to work well with other teams within the company
• Strong leadership skills
The following lists our clients corporate values. The Project management team shall be fully aware of these and ensure that where possible individual actions demonstrate adherence and promotion to the wider workforce: -
1. Assure the safety of each and every person affected by our work
2. Deliver work Profitably to support growth and investment
3. Develop a 'Great Place to Work' offering a stimulating and rewarding environment