|Job Ref:||204730396||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chepstow||Address:||Post Code:||NP16||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Position: Project Quality Engineer|
Location: Chepstow, Monmouthshire
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
During a period of expansion and consistent growth, the Chepstow based engineering company is looking for a Project Quality Engineer to support its continuous worldwide success and development.
Reporting to the Compliance and Procurement Director, the Project Quality Engineer will work with the sales team on tenders and RFQ's (particularly oil & gas, MOD markets); operations, procurement and engineering in quality role, helping to develop lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement.
* To develop and implement project and product specific quality documentation.
* To manage and resolve customer complaints, issues and concerns through reporting, containment, initial and longer term solutions, including preventive action.
* To liaise with Operations and Engineering departments on Continuous Improvement projects.
* To maintain customer related key performance indicators and measure.
* To act as a primary contact within the Quality Team for customer and internal projects.
* To ensure the customer is kept updated and informed regarding customer reported issues.
* To support the Head of Quality on any other Project Quality Engineering related activities.
* To undertake customer and supplier visits. As such a full current driving licence is required.
* HNC/HND in Mechanical discipline.
* Qualified Internal / External Approved Auditor.
* 6 Sigma Certified, ideally.
Experience, Skill and Knowledge:
* Industrial experience as a customer facing Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of batch and lean manufacturing environments.
* Experience in Project Documentation, Quality Plans, Configuration Management Plans, Safety Plans, Environmental Plans.
* Experience of using Root Cause Analysis, FMEA & 8D.
* Presentation of data and identifying problem areas through analysis.
* Focus on defect prevention.
* Demonstrable ability to manage and coach teams and partnership working across other functions.
* Effective communicator.
* Effective report writing skills.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Able to work and resolve issues on own initiative.
* Detailed understanding of ISO9001 and ideally ISO14001 & OHSAS18001.
* Training specific to the company will be provided.
* Free car parking provided on site.
* Competitive package, salary and benefits are dependent on relevant experience