|Job Ref:||204730081||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Our client in London Bowling Green is recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Engineer|
This is a unique opportunity to work in an truly integrated engineering environment that has been structured to respond to the future demands of the construction industry. Our multi-disciplinary engineering teams work together to deliver building solutions using BIM amongst other industry toolkits.
You'll work on strategic master planning with high profile architects and clients, urban regeneration projects, commercial office developments, refurbishment studies and other wide ranging schemes.
Work stages will vary, ranging from strategic masterplanning through to detailed design and construction and forming part of a wider M&E and multi-disciplinary engineering teams, located in London, Reading and Glasgow.
This position offers huge opportunities with a growing and successful team working some of the best architects in the UK. We see the successful candidate progressing rapidly with the team expansion.
The successful candidate will be based at our London Bowling Green office, located in Farringdon.
Key responsibilities include:
* Lead multidisciplinary project teams to deliver on building services and environmental design projects
* Work with the client to develop a detailed brief and produce reports for their mechanical and electrical building services requirements
* Take a proactive role in influencing the design of the buildings in relation to efficient services integration and building energy performance
* Integrate the demands of sustainability and carbon emission reduction strategy into the project
* Lead, coach and develop a small team of mechanical and electrical engineers
* Develop effective working relationships with the wider design team and architects to influence project outcomes
* Produce outline design, scheme design, and detailed design reports including drawings and specifications
* Develop effective client relationships to create new business opportunities
Key skills for success in this role include:
* Experience of a wide variety of mechanical and building services projects
* Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team preferred
* Experience of leading, developing and coaching team members
* Robust experience of developing and maintaining highly effective relationships
* An understanding of design tools such as Revit and IES
* Experience and knowledge of energy policy, master planning and reporting
* Knowledge of large mixed use development and building modelling
* Have the ability to understand and evolve design strategies in response to planning and regulatory requirements