|Job Ref:||204730046||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Our client have a requirement for a Senior or Acoustic Consultant to join our team.|
Working mainly but not exclusively in multi-disciplinary teams and on a range of projects you will be involved in exciting building and infrastructure projects in the UK and occasionally overseas.
This position is based in our newly extended and refurbished offices in Manchester with travel to our UK offices and across the country to the various development sites.
* Undertake and manage the acoustic input to building and environmental engineering projects
* Produce detailed 3D noise mapping models of large developments.
* Responsible for carrying out acoustic testing and environmental noise surveys across the country.
* Responsible for end-to-end management of client engagement; arranging site visits, etc.
* Attend design team meetings.
* Undertake design reviews with Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Architects and Regional Managers.
* Identify potential problems and/or weakness with the building design.
* Produce detailed technical reports.
A degree in acoustics is preferable or a degree in physics, mechanical engineering or other related discipline. The successful candidate will also be (or be in the process of applying for) a full member of the Institute of Acoustics (MIOA). A full, clean UK car driving license is essential
Knowledge of Soundplan (or similar) noise modelling software is highly desirable.
* Have 3-6 years experience of working in a consultancy environment.
* Be a full member of the IOA (MIOA)
* A good level of commercial awareness and an ability to manage project budgets and fee structures.
* Be numerate, literate and familiar with software appropriate to the project tasks
* Working knowledge of relevant codes of practice and industry standards
* Be able to work and travel throughout the UK and very rarely overseas.
* Experience of noise mapping modelling is desirable however, training will be provided if required.
* Experience with room acoustics software (Odeon, Catt Acoustic or Ease) will be an advantage
* Ambitious and ready to contribute and play your part in the development and growth of the acoustics team, working alongside existing team members and colleagues throughout the Practice.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills