|Job Ref:||204729876||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£27 - £30/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:11|
Mechanical Designer (CAD) - Leicester - 1 year Contract - £27ph to £30ph|
Our client, a leading engineering support services company, is looking for a Mechanical Designer (CAD) to join them on a contract basis for 1 year. The main function of the role is to create high quality accurate engineering drawings, calculations and associated documentation along with providing comprehensive assistance to all users of this output. The position will be to produce the CAD designs mainly for baggage handling / conveyor machines.
* To ensure your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
* To Proactively report unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and near misses and to become part of the extra ordinary safety culture and help promote the "Home Safe Everyday" campaign.
* To present and behave in a professional manner at all times.
* To be supportive and respectful to others at all times.
* To contribute to a continuous improvement culture.
* To carry out Continual Professional Development (CPD) as necessary to maintain and enhance your competence.
* To Establish and maintain good communications (written and oral) with others at all times.
* Fully understand, take ownership and deliver the scope of work that is being assigned within the budget and time that is allocated to tasks, and in accordance with the company's quality management requirements.
Job Description / Person Specification:
* Identify all risks associated with the planned activities and immediately advise the lead engineer of any issues that could impact the project Liaise with all necessary interfaces (e.g. other project team members) to ensure that all required information for the task has been received and to immediately highlight any deficiencies.
* Provide accurate progress reports including estimates to complete on a regular basis.
* Generation of complex conveyor layouts (showing basic level of detail) at feasibility/concept design stage.
* Development of the selected concept layout with increased level of detail, taking into account building constraints, maintenance, access, etc... Generation of manufacturing and installation drawings as followed; * Conveyor line arrangement drawings and part list. * Maintenance platforming, crossovers, lifting beams.
* Preparation of phasing drawings indicating the sequence of installation.
* Site Surveys in support to the above activities.
* Liaison at all levels with customers and contractors Preparation of 'machine' level details and sub-assemblies in support of our ongoing development of standard baggage system products.
* Monitor and report progress against the agreed programme.
* Provide estimates to complete (ETCs) for all remaining allocated activities.
* Identify to the Lead Engineer any variation to the agreed scope of work.
* Ensure that all related processes and procedures particularly with regards to the review and issue of engineering output are followed.
* Ability to plan and organise multiple workload requirements
* Ability to work to and manage defined deadlines within programme and budget
* Be capable of demonstrating a structured approach to justifying key engineering decisions.
* Able to work as part of a team when required but equally able to work without team support when needed
* Be able to work under own initiative, be well motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to communicate with other engineering disciplines within the design/project team.
* Engineers will be required to interface with the client and other project partners at all levels
Qualifications & Experience:
* Knowledge of Airline/Handler baggage operational processes Have a thorough working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D Have a thorough working knowledge of Autodesk 3D Inventor At Least 3 years' experience in a Mechanical Design office
* Have the ability to produce high quality accurate engineering drawing there will be travel involved in these roles to either Gatwick Airport or Glasgow airport once a week Expenses will be covered by the client for travel and overnight stay.
* Airports experience is desirable but not essential however NEC3 suite background is essential along with a mix of applications/software or infrastructure Delivery experience.
* Experienced with Inventor and CAD Relevant industry experience (Conveyor CAD experience within any sector) Billing of materials, Documentation etc