|Job Ref:||204729770||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Salary:||£48000 - £51000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Systems / Techncial Lead (rail rolling stock test) permanent role up to £51, 000 plus shift allowances and a considerable benefits package, based out of Milton Keynes but significant travel will be necessary including to mainland Europe and throughout the UK.|
***** If you have a technical background in rail rolling stock testing and commissioning activities then we are interested to talk with you. The role in short is to develop testing procedures and method statements, liaising with design and engineering partners, analysing reports and technical data, reporting to internal and external partners alike, managing and mentoring technical staff, taking a techncial lead in fault finding and remedy processes in accordance with railway standards and procedures. see below for full details.
Our client is a global leader in the provision of integrated rolling stock solutions. They have already secured significant contracts in the UK to supply new fleets of vehicles to numerous train operators. This role is to support the testing and introduction of one of these key projects.
Innovation in design, manufacture and assembly has ensured that their products attain the highest standards in safety, reliability, maintainability, efficiency and environmental regard. The company has made significant investment in the UK in terms of engineering capability, assembly and maintenance infrastructure to ensure that their business stays at the forefront of the UK rail rolling stock sector for decades to come.
They are looking for experienced rail rolling stock systems project engineering professional who would help to deliver this new fleet of trains
* Responsible for the development of Test Procedures and Method Statements to support the test program. This will involve liaison with the business Design and QA Engineers.
* Responsible for the analysis and reporting of test results gained within the test program.
* Able to assist with feedback to suppliers of Train Equipment and Test Equipment / Services with technical detail of issues arising from the test program.
* Able to assist with the engineering change required to meet the legislative and contractual requirements within the test program.
* Able to liaise with the test team on a day to day basis in order to resolve and advise on technical issues.
* Responsible for the installation, maintenance and fault rectification of the train borne test equipment.
* Assist maintenance with in-depth faults, passing on fault finding skills and the use of schematics on traction and rolling stock assets by instruction of the Test Manager.
* Responsible for liaising with factory testing and commissioning teams overseas to ensure that best practice and product knowledge is transferred / adapted to the UK operation.
* Work closely with the Maintenance Engineer's to identify any issue within the test program that is likely to impact the through life maintenance of the train sets.
* To confirm that traction and rolling stock assets comply with operational specifications by the use of engineering processes and techniques.
* Deputise for the Test Manager when required to do so.
* Gather Information during the initial test program to be used during static and dynamic testing.
* Previous experience in a testing and engineering equivalent role in railway/rolling stock.
* Supervisory/Team Leadership experience.
* Ability to write detailed technical reports.
* Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company.
* Experience in working with health & safety practice and regulations, as well as
Complying with the Company Code of Conduct, taking responsibility for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and others within the work environment.
* Knowledge and experience of, and compliance to, rules and regulations.
* A clean driving licence for the UK.
* Ability to achieve a PTS certification.
* Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
* Intermediate IT skills - typically Word, Excel.
* Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline, alternatively a qualification in a in a relevant engineering discipline.
* Able to represent in a professional manner at all times.
* Excellent team working skills and ability to lead others.
* Comfortable with flexible working locations and a self-motivator.
Licences / Competences
* Previous experience in testing and engineering within an Operational Railway Environment
* Membership of a recognised accredited engineering body.
To discuss the role please call me on (Apply online only)