|Job Ref:||204729386||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Yeovil||Address:||Post Code:||BA20||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Annual Bonus Good holiday package||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
We are a well-established manufacturer, seeking an experienced Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Applications Engineer to join our team in Warminster. We are a market leader of a niche product and require an ambitious and skilled designer to continue our growth.|
SALARY: Up to £40,000 + Annual Bonus
BENEFITS: Good holiday package + Access to company benefits including pension scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bath, Shepton Mallett, Shaftsbury, Salisbury, Chippenham, Frome, Gillingham, Amesbury, Trowbridge, Bristol, Andover.
Responsibility for full design, drawing and engineering in consultation with clients to specific requirements - including elements of custom / bespoke design features. Key aspect of this role include:
* Having a strong focus on achieving cost and timescale targets.
* Being involved in customer site surveys and will produce detailed CAD drawings.
* Taking on responsibilities for new product development / cost design as the role evolves.
Customers are a mix of main contractors through to architects and designers, primarily working within education and hospitality industries.
REQUIREMENTS - DESIGN ENGINEER / APPLICATION ENGINEER
You will have a background and proven track record in a Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Applications Engineer capacity.
You MUST have:
* Experience of working with sheet metal fabrication.
* The ability to design - reading and producing technical drawings.
* You should have some exposure to any of the following software packages: Autodesk / AutoCAD, Inventor (3D) / Solidworks etc.
* You should be comfortable interacting with customers both on the phone and face to face.
* You should also have 'hands-on` practical engineering skills and understanding and not be afraid to get your hands dirty as required.
There is a realistic opportunity to grow within this role and take on larger projects / new product development etc.
We are a profitable, market leading manufacturer in a very niche industry. To help the continued development of the company we require a highly skilled Design Engineer. Established for over 10 years and now turning over in excess of £4m, we are a design led engineering business that has enjoyed excellent growth year on year.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Applications Engineer / Research & Development Engineer / Sheet Metal Fabrication / Mechanical Engineer / Education / Theatre / Entertainment / Stadiums
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Design Engineer / Application Engineer, reference SP1610-06 to DD: +44 (0)(Apply online only) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) (Apply online only). Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based