|Job Ref:||204729233||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Ramsgate||Address:||Salary:||£21.54 - £25.64/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
For: Accountant(CMIJP00033611) - 10 months |
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/04487
Accountant - Ramsgate - 10 months - £21.54 - 25.64 ph
This role is within the General Accounting Team and reports to the General Accounting Manager.
This role provides financial support and financial analysis to the Finance team and other business partners and requires an excellent working knowledge of Financial Accounting.
The incumbent will support the timely and accurate closing of the month end books for Kent.
Responsible for most activities associated with general ledger and financial reporting.
• Provide financial support to the General Accounting Team and give ad hoc analysis and support when required to do so
• Lead and participate in accounting changes required for ongoing project work especially with reference to Fixed Assets
• Lead and participate in capital and fixed asset work for site
• Lead internal control compliance for site
• Work with internal and external Auditors and colleagues to co-ordinate Audits for site
• Support in provision of detailed monthly financial analysis and support to functional support line Managers to assist them in cost control initiatives.
• Assist cost centre managers and capital leaders with annual budget
• Assist in reviewing, analysing and determining causes of trends in financial performance.
• Work effectively with business partners including third party providers, CBS and Corporate.
• Work closely with other members of Finance team to ensure common practices and processes.
Finance Functional Excellence
• Perform complex duties related to preparation and analysis of financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy. Compile, consolidate, and conduct complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
• Correct and timely completion of all assigned accounting journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and reviews and other monthly close process tasks.
• Ensure correct and timely submission of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual transmissions of data to all relevant internal and external customers.
• Consistently deliver financial results and analysis that are a fair and accurate representation of business results.
• Responsibility for monthly warranty accounting and quarterly grant accounting and reporting.
• Prompt and accurate response to Corporate queries including cable line variance queries.
• Quarterly reporting
• Support in timely and accurate completion of annual insurance data and annual tax pack schedules
• Profitability analysis and transfer pricing analysis
• Oversee co-ordination and submission of quarterly QROR questionnaire
• Preparation of management representation letters for our BCs and JVs
• Maintain a control focussed attitude in all work. Support the business to ensure that compliance including SOx requirements and financial control are maintained at all times. Particular support required for Close the Books SOx cycle
• Ensure effective work processes exist including task lists and work procedures for critical tasks
• Develop flexibility to enable cover of critical activities in the team as required (contingency plans)
Leadership and Team Development
• Support managers with relevant data requirements and support to make key decisions.
• Work effectively with all team members. Create an environment of inclusion and cohesion where members are empowered to do their very best work.
• Experience of working for a large company
• 5 years' experience in financial/management accounting
• Experience of problem solving and working on own initiative
• Demonstrated ability to develop, document process improvements.
• Knowledge of SOx and internal control environment.
• ACCA or CIMA qualified or equivalent.
• Accounting or Finance degree or equivalent practical experience