|Job Ref:||204727383||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South Wimbledon||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum Excellent package||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Job Overview: We have been engaged by our client, an established injection moulding component manufacturer to recruit for a Production Supervisor|
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for all, Technicians and operators on the shop floor so as to ensure that the day to day running of the production area runs as smoothly as possible as well as dealing with any problems that might arise. Ensuring that the Operations Manager is informed of any issues which may cause customer deliveries to be missed or any quality related concerns.
With a proven track record within manufacturing management (ideally between 5-7 years) you will have previous experience of operating at a similar role and have a clear understanding of Lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques and be able to demonstrate a proven improvement record. The ideal candidate will have worked within the plastics manufacturing environment but other industries will be considered.
You will also be familiar with cycle time reduction, high volume high complexity manufacturing and will understand OEE, EFF and OTIF.
• Ensuring all Work Orders are completed and filled out correctly
• Daily operator machine allocation ( Hand Over Sheet )
• Ensure all documentation is completed at beginning and end of shift
• Ensure stocks of needed materials and Boxes are ready and available at all times
• Ensuring that all operators are fully trained and show the relevant competence for their job
( Quality & Health/safety )
• Ensure all documentation is recorded ( OEE , Scrap , OTIF , Production )
• Conduct smooth shift hand-overs with shift reports provided to PM
• Support production with documentation for BRC , ISO , H&S requirements
• Monitor housekeeping per machine and instructing operators when needed
• Monitor machine cycle times and instructing PM of findings
• Ensuring quality products running on machines at all times.
• Machines scales are setup correctly as per product spec
• Setting an example to, and guiding other moulding staff in attendance, timekeeping, breaks and general behaviour.
• Contributing to the team effort and supporting other members of the department where appropriate.
• Setting and maintaining high standards of housekeeping within the department and ensuring that all safety procedures in place are adhered to.
• Undertaking any training that may be required to aid personal and production improvement.
• Suggesting and implementing any changes that lead to increased efficiency.
• Any other reasonable tasks requested by the Production Manager.
Keywords: "Production Supervisor", "Production Team Leader", Manufacturing Supervisor", "Injection Moulding",", "Just in time" JIT, Just in Sequence
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2015/ 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles