|Job Ref:||204727242||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Keighley||Address:||Post Code:||BD21||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Position - Quality Engineer (Customer Concerns)|
The role will deal with quality related issues, being the direct link with internal and external customers providing practical and commonsense solutions. The applicants will need the following attributes/qualification(s) and experience to fulfil this demanding role;
• ONC/HNC in a mechanical subject
• Six sigma green or black belt (not a pre-requisite)
• Continuous improvement methodology
• Full passport
• Full clean driving licence
• From an strong automotive back ground
• Fishbone/Ishikowa diagram/process
• Continuous improvement methodologies and projects
• 8D process
• Standard operating procedure's (structure and uses)
• Process control
• Flow diagrams
• Control plans
• Process Failure Mode and Affects Analysis
• Computer literate - Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, Access (data entry)
• Practical and common sense approach
• A good communicator
• Attention to detail approach and good analytical skills
• Able to work under pressure
• Can do attitude
The role is a liaison role with the customer looking after the customers interests at the same time as protecting the client from undue and unnecessary demands. A company KPI is customer PPM and the target is set at 50ppm. The success of this role will be measured against this result so the candidate will need to be resourceful and proactive.
Dealing with customer concerns is against set target dates specified by our customers. The candidate will need to be a good organiser to ensure that each stage of the concerns process is completed on time. This will involve much communication internally to ensure deadlines are met. This will also require good organisational and reporting skills.
As this is a customer facing role there will be some travel within the UK and internationally required. The candidate should therefore have a full current passport and be able and willing to travel (sometimes at a moments notice).
Salary Benefits and Conditions of Appointment
Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Holidays - 22 working days holiday plus statutory days. Holiday allowance increases to a maximum of 26 days after 5 years service.
The company operates a Group Personal Pension Scheme, further details are available from pension coordinator.
Death in service life assurance to the value of three times your annual basic salary whilst employed by the company.
In the interests of all our employees we operate a No smoking Policy except in a designated area at break times only