|Job Ref:||204726939||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bromborough||Address:||Post Code:||CH62||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:12|
NRL`s Power client is looking to recruit a Plant Design Engineer/Electrical Design Engineer for their Bromborough on a staff basis.|
About the role:
- Reporting to the Plant Engineering Group Head and Project Teams, responsible for developing and delivering plant engineering solutions including substations and all other associated equipment from feasibility to detailed engineering design for transmission networks projects (132kV and above).
- Responsible for projects of greater value and complexity within the portfolio whilst managing/supervising and developing less experienced staff within the dept or project team. This will include providing the necessary basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for projects, innovation, effective technical support, advice, coaching and input throughout the lifecycle of a portfolio of projects.
- Responsible for the development of pre-contract design and delivery of projects by leading the technical aspects of switchgear, transformers and all other associated equipment
- Perform all duties with and promote internally and externally a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environmental compliance and continuous improvement
- Assess engineering documentation, feasibility and compliance with client requirements and support the preparation of accurate budgets for new projects. Recommend construction and outage programmes where required in relation to plant.
- Responsible for preparing plant and substation basic and detailed engineering specifications, designs and costs for high value, complex or business critical projects.
- Responsible for providing technical assessment of tender submissions and reporting recommendations to client.
- Define main plant and ancillary apparatus requirements for input to System Construction Authorisation (SCA), Project Technical Specifications and BETTA documentation.
- Preparation/Review of substation plant drawings and specifications for construction/procurement.
- Ensure substation designs, equipment and construction practices are in accordance with current legislation,
- policies and operational requirements.
- Lead the technical resolution of site/ construction main plant issues, analyse common faults and prevent re-occurrence
- Tender assessment of main equipment and materials (including suppliers), support to project management on the assessment of bids.
- Provide technical support to the Pre-Contract and Project Delivery teams on matters concerning the design, construction and operation of power systems substations and associated equipment
- evaluation and apply 'new ideas`, technical developments, new equipment and alternative-working methods to provide cost savings, efficiencies and improved safety.
- Manage, supervise or mentor less experienced staff within the Dept or Project Team.
What you will need:
- Ideally Chartered Engineer
- Degree qualified in Engineering discipline or equivalent significant experience.
- Proven significant experience and knowledge in a responsible position in the area of plant engineering including substations, switchgear, transformers and all other associated equipment
- Good inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses.
- Ability to implement, apply and promote CDM and Health & Safety best practice in a design environment
- Ability to represent departments or project teams regarding plant engineering issues, decisions, standards or industry best practice.
What`s in it for you?
- Desirable Salary
- A permanent role with a market leader
- Room for career development and growth