|Job Ref:||204726893||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Salary:||£57000 - £62000/annum Plus Car and Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:46|
Position: Design Manager - CAPEX (Water) |
Salary Guide: £60,000 - £65,000 plus car and excellent benefits
Our Client is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally and they are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector they serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
They are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Design Manager for their Scottish Water joint venture framework. The joint venture was formed to deliver Scottish Water's Non Infrastructure Programme from (Apply online only). They will oversee the delivery of design and build projects throughout Scotland and the highlands for the client's water and wastewater treatment programme.
Based as the JV office in Stepps the Design Manager will contribute to the JV Engineering Leadership team and provide engineering management and technical leadership for wide portfolio of projects assigned under the alliance principally in the Capex 2-6 (Delivery) Phase.
Working with the Client's Team and the wider JV team, this person will manage the process of developing projects through the Detailed Design Stage ensuring stakeholder engagement, 3rd Party liaison and compliance with relevant standards and procedures, with appropriate regard to risk to the health and safety of all concerned and ensuring good customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for a number of Design Leads across all engineering disciplines and for the development of project deliverables in line with the project(s) requirements, to support the delivery of "Design, Procure and Built" projects within the alliance and progression of work.
The role will also have responsibility for the control and assigning Engineering resource to match Project(s) requirements, and that Engineering deliverable production, costs and forecasts match the requirements of the "Design and Built" Project(s) requirements.
You will report directly to the Engineering Director and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
* Oversight of the overall Capex 2-6 programme.
* Accountable for individual project delivery programmes to meet procurement, supplier and construction schedules.
* Liaison with the delivery functions, including PM, PMO and delivery teams.
* Project execution planning and allocation of resources.
* Interface with the other design managers.
* Participation in the Engineering Leadership team, chaired by the HE.
* Compliance with all necessary Safety processes and promotion of safe behaviours.
* Close liaison with the Project Managers assigned to their project portfolio.
* Overall management and leadership of Design Leads within their portfolio.
* Overall monitoring and reporting against portfolio of projects (cost/schedule).
* Ensure project portfolio is adequately planned and resourced.
* Ensure design deliverables are developed in accordance with the agreed quality aspects of the project, including ensuring the management of quality in design and QA checks are completed.
* Ensure development of individual project plans in line with requirements.
* Develop and maintain programs and sub-programs to meet key milestones for their portfolio.
* Manage the day to day activities of the design team and ensure compliance with the overall plan.
* Monitor design team earned value and actual costs against budgets (as applicable).
* Promote innovation, efficiency, buildability and value identification.
* Provide technical oversight and where appropriate input to projects.
* Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets.
* Being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers' perception and satisfaction.
* Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external.
* Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
Skills & Experience:
* Experience in the execution of Design and construct projects
* Experience in Water Industry in Scotland desirable
* Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
* Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
* Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
* Management of a portfolio of projects
* Management of self and others
* Management Engineering teams
* Control for Budgets and Programs
* General Technical Knowledge across all engineering disciplines.
* Multi tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
* Relevant Degree or equivalent qualification
* Chartered Engineer
* Expert knowledge working as, an Engineering Manager on Design and Construction Projects