|Job Ref:||204726768||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:12|
What`s the opportunity?|
An opportunity has arisen for an engineer to exploit their reliability skills working on a fast-moving project, ensuring optimum effort is devoted to progressive reliability assurance, with the goal of ensuring the delivery of a lean but effective reliability programme.
What will you be doing?
- You will be developing a convincing Reliability Case, using all the available evidence, and writing the Reliability Case Reports that document progress.
- To do this, you will need to understand the reliability risks faced by the system so that you can decide what type of evidence will most cost-effectively mitigate them to the customer`s satisfaction.
- This will involve exploiting a range of techniques and approaches, of which traditional reliability analyses will form only a part. So, while the ability to undertake reliability predictions and FMECAs is important, you will also need to understand the causes of unreliability and be able to assist the designer address those causes and provide evidence that this has been successfully achieved.
- Using your knowledge of the causes of unreliability and of reliability risks, you will help to define a targeted programme of testing, the results of which will be a key feature of the Reliability Case. An important part of this role will be monitoring the test programme and ensuring that it continues to satisfy the agreed reliability assurance needs.
- You will also liaise regularly with the customer, presenting them with progressive assurance that the reliability programme will deliver the agreed goals.
What are the benefits for you?
- Alongside core engineering projects you will also have the opportunity to conduct internally funded research packages.
- A variety in project work that will enable you to apply the breadth of your reliability assurance skillset and experience and develop a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
- You will also have the opportunity to work internationally.
- MBDA also offers a comprehensive learning and development programme to enable the development of skills that support both technical delivery and broader professional development.
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a team with a strong pedigree in the delivery of reliability assurance.
- You will have the opportunity to share in that experience and contribute to our learning as we continue to develop our approaches and techniques.
- You will be able to influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military customers.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Fully appreciates that reliability is not just a number, and has experience of reliability planning, analysis and testing.
- Good knowledge of complex electronic systems and the associated reliability issues.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Familiar with the Def Stan 00-4x series of standards.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment
- Detail engineering experience (design, software, manufacture etc.).
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)