|Job Ref:||204726366||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum + Pension||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
Graduate Engineer, Engineering graduate, maths graduate, science graduate, technology graduate, rail, civil, aerospace, engineering.|
Location: Derby Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 Per Annum (Depending on experience)
GRADUATE ENGINEER WANTED!
Our Client is an exciting, expanding Engineering company based in Derby. They work with some of the most well-renowned Rail companies within the UK.
For graduates in engineering, maths, sciences or technology/computing with a 2:1 or above, this could be the opportunity that you've been waiting for! Unlike most graduate schemes, the main difference is that a candidate would very quickly be able to add value to the business. In addition, the team is growing quickly, which presents a great opportunity for a new start.
• Someone degree qualified - Preferable with Engineering, but would consider Maths, Sciences or a Technology/computing degree. 2:1 or above
• Someone who is comfortable with Mathematics (Trigonometry, Geometry, Pythagoras)
• Someone experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Someone who has previous experience of using engineering software (CAD software or FEA software)
• Someone who has worked for a company since graduating (finishing a graduate scheme)
• Someone who is comfortable speaking to customers and developing client relationships
• Someone who can manage their own time and meet deadlines, manage own projects
• Someone who can work in small teams, and can develop good relationships with colleagues.
• Someone who wants to develop their Engineering, Technical and professional skills
• Someone who wants to work in the Railway Industry
• Someone who wants to work in a small business (10 to 20 people over the next 3 years)
• Someone who like to work on multiple projects at the same time
• Someone who is willing to challenge (Ask Why)
• Someone who is willing to do a bit of everything
This role is not ideal for someone who:
• Who wants to become a full time project manager, as we don't have a dedicated position for that.
• Who is after a design role or CAD role, this is a relatively small part of what we do.
• Who is after overtime, evening or weekend work - We cover this with time off in lieu.
• Who is over 45 minutes away from Derby
• Graduate Engineer: £25k
• Graduate Engineer with experience: £25K to £30K (depending on experience)
• Graduate Engineer who has completed a recognised graduate scheme: £28K - £30K (depending on experience)
To re-iterate some of our other benefits:
• 20 Holiday days + Statutory, increasing by 1 day for every year in service up to 30 days (10 years)
• Pension Scheme is available after 6 months. We offer a 5+5% scheme (An employee can always opt out)
• The team is currently growing (our engineering team is currently 5), therefore there is the opportunity to progress if people demonstrate the right attitudes and character traits.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to or alternatively call Holly James on (Apply online only)