|Job Ref:||204726349||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Worcester||Address:||Post Code:||WR1||Salary:||£36000 - £40000/annum Pension, Bonus, Healthcare||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
Design Engineer required for an exciting opportunity with my client who are a world leader in the design and manufacture of electro-mechanical components. They design and manufacture moving electro-mechanical components for a range of industries including medical, automotive & transportation, aerospace, telecommunication and IT & electronics etc. |
This is a great company to work for, they have 3000 people globally and 300 on this site.
This is a great position, you will be working on the full project lifecycle from concept onwards.
Role: Design Engineer
Shifts: Monday - Friday days
Salary/Package: 35 - 40k depending on experience, 25 days annual holiday, pension scheme, bonus, healthcare.
The responsibilities of the Design Engineer will include:
- Conceptualise, design and develop new products to meet customer & internal requirements including cost, quality & time targets.
- Responsible for all aspects of new product design including; 3D modelling, 3D Assembly configurations, 2D drafting, theoretical design analysis, product manufacturability and product validation and quality, as well as tracking project and product costs.
- Coordinate the tasks of the Design Technician when assigned to a project.
- Ensures DFA and DFM are integrated in product design (in conjunction with NPD engineering support). This includes the use of existing components & carry over concept ideas/designs.
- Leads DFMEA activities, and ensures that DFMEA is up-to-date throughout the project.
- Supports NPD manufacturing engineering by providing concise requests; e.g. Cost estimate requests.
- Document & track all costs incurred on projects vs available budget, and works with the Coordinator to ensure expenditure is correctly billed to orders.
As Design Engineer you must have the following:
- Degree, apprentice or equivalent in Engineering.
- Proficient user of 3D and 2D CAD (preferably Catia)
- Knowledge of common manufacturing processes.
- Hands on person with a "can do" customer focused attitude.
- An inventive team player who likes a challenge.
Commutable from: Redditch, Cheltenham, Worcester, Bromsgrove, Tewksbury, Kidderminster, Evesham, Alcester, Droitwich