|Job Ref:||204726305||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Salary:||£300 - £450/annum Consider Perm staff Also||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:16|
Due to the rapid growing workload, opportunities exist for an Engineering Manager to join our Rail team. I am looking for an Engineering Manager / Temporary works Engineer, to come up with a methodology for demolishing a Viaduct, whilst working with and alongside a project team. You will be looking at methods trying to establish various methods and associated temporary works to use on the project.|
This is an exciting opportunity for any candidate who is keen on undertaking an interesting and varied role on some challenging rail projects.
We are seeking candidates able to demonstrate a strong level of technical capability within the railway engineering field, who can work on the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway project and who can bring that experience to our team. We are interested in engineers from rail background who have had previous experience working on temporary works and demolition projects.
* Oversee management and control of all Temporary Works across the companies live projects
* Support and guide Project Engineers and Temporary Works Coordinator on site.
* Carry out site audits and inspections where necessary
* Assist in training Health & Safety Managers and Temporary Works Coordinators and Project Engineers.
* Interact with subcontractors regarding contractual terms.
* Proven experience of conducting the role of Contractors Engineering Manager/ Temporary works
* Demonstrable experience delivering projects within the rail industry.
* Experience of Design and/or Construction.
* Have achieved good engineering qualifications which are at least at an HNC/degree (or equivalent) level.
* Chartered/Incorporated Status within your core discipline (civil).
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with internal design teams and clients alike.
* Sound report writing skill.
* Ability to cope rapidly with challenging situations and keen to solve them in a proactive manner;
* A co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients;
* Self-motivating, reliable, consistent and mature approach to work ;
* Able to work independently and in teams;
* Acceptance of responsibility for work carried out
* Flexible and innovative approach to work.
This is a good opportunity for an individual who is looking to join a Tier 1 Rail contractor who is currently going through growth increase at present. If this is something that interests you then please do contact me on the details below which are or please call me to know more on (Apply online only)-55