|Job Ref:||204726283||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£30000 - £37500/annum Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
Salary: Up to £37,500 DOE + Benefits
My client is a global leader in aerospace design and manufacturing. Based in Bedfordshire, they are currently seeking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer to be based at their busy site. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be the link between the manufacturing and design teams to support production. Applications are invited from Manufacturing Engineers / Design Engineers / Production Support Engineers who have experience of working in automotive / aerospace / FMCG / OEM / or similar.
The purpose of this role is to facilitate successful project completion by delivering engineering solutions to issues encountered by liaising with the Design and Manufacturing teams. This role covers a range of responsibilities including:
* Lead products through Stage Gate Engineering Processes to ensure specification is met. This will include Design Reviews, Engineering Drawing Reviews, verification of BOM, Risk Assessment and Mitigation management
* Use data gathered through reviews to drive DfM and DfA
* Implement Lean Manufacturing principles. This may involve challenging existing manufacturing and business processes.
* Work closely with design, manufacturing and suppliers
* Support vendor and customers (internal and external) with queries relating to design or manufacturing
* Identify tools and fixtures required to manufacture products to required specifications and tolerances
* Ensure a safe working environment is established and maintained
* Establish costs (one-off & recurring) and demonstrate that manufacturing processes have achieved all deliverables (costs, quality and time)
This is a challenging role; the successful applicant will be flexible, determined and self-motivated. Candidates should hold a technical qualification in a relevant engineering discipline (degree or equivalent) and/or several years experience in a similar engineering role. Ideally you will also have experience of implementing the principles of Lean Manufacturing. Candidates must be able to convey technical requirements and constraints to all relevant stakeholders, and give technical direction in projects, production and production support. Therefore excellent communication skills and customer facing experience is essential. The role will also involve occasional national and international travel so a driving licence and passport are desirable.
More information available on application. Reference 886065DH
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply