|Job Ref:||204726258||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£20000 - £28000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
My client is a leading supplier to the automotive industry and currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PRODUCTION PLANNER to join the production department at their purpose build factory on the outskirts of Sheffield, South Yorkshire. |
* Plan production with regard to capacity, efficiency, costing, etc.
* Planning and implementation of new products within a specified production area, day to day production support.
* Creation of master data within SAP for new products and oversee production and tooling projects relating to new products.
* Develop data on Machine capability, set up route sheets and confirm process capacity.
* Manage the introduction of new assemblies into production; maintain current assemblies.
* Optimisation of production methods both within SAP and on the shop floor.
* Issuing documents (drawings and Work Instructions) and updating BOM's / Tooling.
* Maintain line programs.
* Deal with machine and tooling issues to help ensure production targets are met; implementation of actions in response to customer claims; issues relating to component quality and NoK parts.
* Support Team Leader and Fine Planner.
* Plan workload in advance following a yearly cycle, although ad-hoc queries may take priority over planned tasks.
* The nature of work varies considerably each month depending on deadlines. Yearly cycles do not vary greatly and the knowledge and experience gained from previous years enables effective planning.
* Plan most work 1-3 months in advance to meet departmental objectives and internal/external deadlines.
* Plan much of the workload up to 3 days ahead.
* Plan for assessment deadlines 1 week ahead.
* Prioritise own work as there are often conflicting priorities to deal with.
* Prioritise unscheduled requests for work according to actual need.
* Plan and organise stock levels for office consumables up to 1 week in advance (if applicable).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Educated to HND / Degree level in Automotive / Mechanical Engineering.
* Background within medium / high volume Manufacturing / Engineering environment
* Proven experience of Production planning.
* Experience of working in a multi-site environment
* Highly experienced in working under own initiative, demonstrating an ability to set & meet personal targets, combined with the flexibility to adjust to workload priorities to take account of new deadlines.
* Interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to customer service.
* Required to keep informed of changes in legislation and departmental policy to deliver correct advice.
* Able to read engineering drawings
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload, maintain confidentiality, and produce / process documents accurately.
* Basic knowledge of a language / Ability to converse in German language
* Able to undertake training periods in Germany.
* IT knowledge, including e-mail, Word, Excel, and SAP