|Job Ref:||204726225||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
Job Summary: |
My client is in a current partnership with a local authority who investigates and implements highway projects to improve the operation and safety of the highway network.
Engineering staff are involved in all stages of the process from creating ideas based on public or service need; reviewing how road geometry or junction layouts can be modified and then turning these into workable engineering solutions.
As an assistant engineer reporting to the senior engineer, expect to work independently or within a team on a number of small to medium sized traffic projects at any one time. Technical awareness will be important to providing engineering solutions to deliver projects to the required technical and legal standards.
* Technical designs and delivered with minimal supervision in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
* Legislation, regulations, polices, strategies and technical guidance are interpreted and communicated across the team as appropriate.
* Projects are planned, fee estimates prepared and delivered to time, quality and budget.
* Site surveys and inspections. Supervision and inspection of contractor's work.
* Technical designs prepared in accordance with approved design standards and procedures and cases for departure are prepared for authorisation and approval.
* Theoretical knowledge of analysis and interpretation of information/data.
* Sound technical skills and good industry network. Communicates clearly; has excellent verbal and non-verbal communications skills.
* Minimum of 3 years professional experience in highway engineering.
* Ability to undertake and analyse traffic data, and write feasibility reports based on relevant design standards and guidance.
* Demonstrate experience in the design of highway schemes.
* Principles of project and contract management.
* Minimum of 2 years accident investigation or Road Safety Engineering experience.
* Computer literate; proficient in AutoCAD, Windows operating systems; MS Word and other Microsoft Office applications.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Darryl Chizh on NA or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit (url removed)