|Job Ref:||204726110||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
CNC Process Engineer|
Due to continued growth and expansion, a busy automotive manufacturing company are now looking for an experienced CNC Process Engineer to work alongside the engineering department.
Scope of Position :
Increase company profitability and improve employee working conditions by studying, recommending and implementing changes to the manufacturing process.
Machine Efficiencies & Productivity
Key Responsibilities :
* Responsible for generating operating programs for new CNC machining centres, tube bending and robot welding equipment
* Resolving quality issues on the facility generated by the manufacturing processes.
* Generating and maintaining production documents including Changeover instructions, Operator instructions, Dummy parts procedures, process flow diagrams and packaging instructions
* Identifying and implementing tooling improvements
* Planning activities relating to implementation of new equipment, process or changes to existing equipment and processes
* Responsible for mentoring Operators and Maintenance to ensure your facility is kept to the original standard 4 hours every week
* Responsible for conducting risk assessments on equipment
* Responsible for continuous improvements on new/existing equipment.
* Responsible for safety issues on the equipment.
* Responsible for time studies on manual processes and equipment.
* Responsible for generating and updating PFMEA
* Responsible for Saving and Achieving of Process Documentation.
* Responsible for reviewing the OEE data against equipment for cycle time and heads used verification every 6 months and review any discrepancies with the AGM / Plant Manager & Engineering Manager
* Gather OEE data for facilities every 1 months and review findings with Plant Manager, Engineering Manager and Production managers to prioritise improvement activity. Track top 3 priorities Bi weekly to show improvement
* Responsible for verify dummy parts for 1 facility per week
* Participate in continuous improvement program
* Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts
* Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities
* Follow all Departmental General Procedures as well as procedures for this position as indicated in the level III Procedure manual.
* Follow all general procedures where applicable as indicated in the General Procedures section of the level III Procedure manual.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Work in compliance and conform to TS16949 and ISO14001 standards and all health & safety procedures
* Key areas of Authority:
* Stop any process where quality or safety issues are defined
Basic Recommended Requirements :
* College Diploma or University Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or Five years experience in a related field or discipline.
* Good Technical Report writing abilities.
* Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
* Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees.
* CNC Programming experience (machining centres, robots, tube bending applications)
* Automotive experience ideally
* Mechanical Engineering experience
* Project management skills
* Computer literateDesirable Requirements
* Knowledge of Production reporting systems
* Automotive experience ideally
* Knowledge of machining or presswork ideally
* Knowledge of CAD
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)