|Job Ref:||204726063||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
Consultant Mining Engineer |
Sompo Canopius writes global specialty lines (re)insurance as part of Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Holdings Inc., an A+ rated company with c.$85bn total assets and one of the top three Japanese insurers. Sompo Canopius underwrites a diversified portfolio of business from its operations at Lloyd's and around the world. It has achieved significant growth since its foundation through a mix of organic expansion and acquisition and is one of the top 10 insurers in the Lloyd`s insurance market, writing premiums in excess of £1 billion.
They currently underwrite direct engineering and construction risks from their offices in London, Singapore and Amsterdam. They employ a specialist team which enables them to take a leading role in the market, providing the required critical experience and knowledge to meet the complex needs of their targeted clients.
Position: Consultant Mining Engineer
Location: London - potentially flexible
Salary: Flexible dependent on experience
If you`re a mining engineer with experience in risk engineering, this is your chance to become an effective and committed member of a team in a role offering independence and responsibility as a Consultant Engineer. Your work will offer you the opportunity to visit a wide range of facilities.
You will be working independently from their offices in Lloyds of London and your home office, travelling to client facilities to solve complicated technical issues and sharing your findings with local management of the world`s best-known companies.
- Provide engineering oversight to the underwriting team for mining accounts, as well as completion of Summary Reports for prospective new business and renewal accounts
- Support underwriters with submissions by establishing account MFLs to determine underwriting capacity, risk ratings to determine quality of risk and evaluate mandatory recommendation compliance, loss control service needs and costs
- Provide engineering services that enhance underwriting performance by helping reduce overall account loss potential, improve account risk quality through risk assessments and risk improvement consultations, and in the acquisition of good quality new business
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally the candidate should have some previous insurance experience
- An understanding of risk management practices within the mining industry
- Creative problem solving and analytical abilities and a willingness to travel globally
- Fully qualified mining engineer with on-site experience
- Insurance industry experience is preferable
You may have experience of the following: Consultant Mining Engineer, Engineering, Risk Management, Insurance, Technical Consultant, Underwriting, Engineering Risk, Risk Consultation, Direct Engineering Risk, Underwriting, Compliance, Engineering Services, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications