|Job Ref:||204726010||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Ireland||Address:||Post Code:||SG17||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
We are currently recruiting an Engineering Leader for our client based in Carrickmacross. Our client is a large multi-national food manufacturer with site across Ireland and the UK.|
To provide engineering direction and support to the Production Stream. To manage engineering team members within the Production Stream ensuring goals and targets are met within agreed time, cost, quality, H&S, performance and environmental parameters utilising Lean manufacturing principles and tools.
• Maintain the Kerry asset management system & apply maintenance best practise principles. These include Design Out, Condition Based Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, and Fixed Time Routines
• Prioritise, plan and schedule all work. Shift the balance of work from reactive to proactive. Create plans to manage new product introduction, capital projects and shutdowns
• Use key performance indicators and manufacturing data (OEE, MTBF, Planning, Effectiveness and
• Cost etc.) to identify gaps and create quarterly strategic plans. Use 8 step practical problem solving methodology to implement the best solutions
• To develop and manage a High Performing multi-skilled team
• Ensure the engineering activity in the Production Stream conforms to quality standards
• To ensure that engineering activity in the Production Stream conforms to ISO14001 standard. To continually strive to reduce the environmental impact through the reduction of energy use and the reduction of waste generation.
• To maintain and develop technical database containing all shared learning from routine and preventative maintenance activities.
• To routinely communicate engineering related Production Stream information to the site management team, and to other Production Stream management.
• To develop relationships and routinely engage with equipment suppliers to ensure that their expertise contributes to the effective operation of the Production Stream equipment and the resolution of any problems.
• Relevant third level engineering qualification or time served apprenticeship
• Strong background in formal Problem solving
• Proven people management experience.
• Documentation Systems knowledge
• Maintenance Systems
• Proven track record in a manufacturing environment
• Able to meet tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal skills