|Job Ref:||204733857||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dudley||Address:||Post Code:||NE23||Salary:||£28000 - £30000/annum plus Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
The maintenance engineer will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of all plant and equipment throughout the factory. They will work in conjunction with the company production team to ensure the smooth running of equipment to prevent and / or reduce unplanned downtime, and meet with relevant health and safety requirements.|
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Responsible for all work machines to include, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Brake Press, Guillotines and bending machines, punch presses and welders to name a few
• Responsible for internal maintenance of all plant and equipment with 17th Edition.
• To ensure all plant and equipment has been included on an ongoing planned preventative maintenance program.
• To communicate, implement and monitor the Preventative Maintenance 'Health Check' program to all production team members to ensure the efficient identification of potential issues and reduce 'unplanned' downtime.
• To cooperate with production team in resolving machine breakdowns.
• To react to breakdown requests in a timely manner.
• To continuously improve the service levels provided in conjunction with agreed departmental KPI's ***
• To communicate with suppliers of machinery and spares and also providers of related sub-contract services to ensure the continued running of such plant and equipment, whilst ensuring that the relevant Risk Assessment and Method Statement documentation is obtained, reviewed and retained where required ***
• Develop and maintain long-term relationships with both sub-contract and equipment service engineers from relevant equipment manufacturers ***
• Report major instances of breakdown or part replacement directly to the Purchasing manager / Production manager / Managing director.
• Carry out other duties which generally fall within the Job Specification