|Job Ref:||204733839||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£489/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
Finance Services Project Manager - Service Delivery, Transformation, Financial Control|
A Finance Services Project Manager with Service Delivery, Transformation and Financial Controlling experience is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Preston.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK Defence Business.
Overview of the Finance Services Project Manager contract role
Working within FS Services The individual in this role will be responsible for the effective application of Project Management and may lead or provide support to the Transition & Change teams in defining, planning, managing an assigned portfolio of projects and change initiatives, This role will be key in providing project management practitioner capability into the application of governance, LCM, project control and planning in supporting the proactive and effective delivery projects and programmes.
The role will report to Head to the Head of Major Programmes but will be deployed into the service areas and will take direction and priority from the Lines of Service.
Key skills required for the Finance Services Project Manager
* Experience of business transition and transformation programmes
* Knowledge and experience of service delivery and delivery to of these to business customers
* Expert networking and communication skills used at a senior level with, customers, suppliers, partners and sub-contractors.
* Extensive project management expertise within the service industry leading significant and diverse projects, with an understanding of all parts of the business lifecycle from inception through to service delivery.
* Able to conduct reviews and evaluation of team performance.
* Able to balance project objectives from a business cost/benefit, schedule, technical and quality perspective and present options, benefits and risks
* Experienced in the production, presentation and gaining approval of business cases
* Ideally APM/PMI accredited
* Good understanding of tailoring and applying all of the relevant governance and business processes (LCM/ELC),
* High level problem solving and financial control skills
* Understanding of commercial, financial and legislative requirements of projects
* Expert in project review and control, including the tailored use of appropriate EVM techniques
* Very good overall and broad project & programme management expertise, familiar with whole lifecycle and its application to the delivery of business solutions.
* Expert level planning and scheduling skills, ensuring the complex activities of interrelated project teams are controlled, co-ordinated and linked into the overall business plan
The role is based in Preston, Lancashire - commutable from Blackpool, Lancaster, Morecambe, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool and Leeds
If you are a Project Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)