|Job Ref:||204733770||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£25000 - £27378/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
General Machinist |
Job Title: General Machinist
Salary: £27378PA - 39hrs + Overtime
Benefits: Pension, Health, Life Cover
Our Client is a leading worldwide Power Generation company that seek a General Machinist from a heavy product repair background to be part of the hard working team in the machine shop based in Birmingham. You would be part of the deliver of bespoke services for each job that comes in, overtime will probably be required (but not guaranteed).
The main part of the role is your knowledge of General Turning, Boring, Screw cutting, General milling, Keyways, High precision machining. Speeds and feeds with knowledge of Carbon steels, Stainless Steel, Phosphorus Bronze (Advantage). It would be an advantage to programme CNC machine tools or if no knowledge of particular operating system, willing to learn.
Responsibilities of the role.
• Have an understanding and some training of Health and Safety requirements to work in an engineering environment.
• To be able to read a detail planning/process sheets.
• To be fully conversant with reading and understanding engineering drawings.
• Be able to operate and show experience of working more than one of the following machine tools: Centre Lathes, Milling machine, Vertical Borer, Jig Borer, Surface Grinding
• Must have good knowledge of tooling used on machines.
• Experience of machining a variety of materials used in engineering.
• Able to programme CNC machine tools or if no knowledge of particular operating system, willing to learn.
• Be able to complete in writing every day, documentation that is relevant to our business such as Planning sheets, Inspection reports and Time sheets etc.
• Keep the machine tools, the workshop and the working area clean and safe.
• Undertake other duties that will improve the working environment or assist other areas needing help.
• Must have served a recognised apprenticeship in mechanical engineering relevant to a machine shop.
• Must be able to show college qualifications (City & Guilds or NVQ).
• To have gained Health and Safety training.
• Low volume manufacturing,
• Tool making
• Repair/maintenance background.
• Heavy Engineering
• Driving Licence.
Please call Adam on NA or email your details through the apply button, thank you