|Job Ref:||204732704||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum plus excellent benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:47|
A vacancy has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work with a world leading manufacturer and designer of products for the aerospace industry. Based at their Middlesex site the role holder is responsible for producing cost effective designs from concepts or ideas derived from more senior design staff and develop detailed designs. This role thereby focuses on the production of commercially viable design detail and assembly engineering drawings.|
SALARY: Excellent salary, career progression, bonus, pension, canteen, good holidays, overtime, etc...
- Participate in design coordination activities with other disciplines and design drafting personnel as required.
- Conduct detailed trade studies into potential engineering solutions, including 3D modelling, performance calculations, structural and mass analyses.
- Produce for review a variety of detailed reports interface load reports, mass reports.
- Produce and present design review presentations.
- Support trial installations and take part in voice of the customer visits.
- Develop detailed designs from top level layouts.
- Determine the best, most commercially sound solution within the given parameters whilst optimising manufacturability.
- Conduct clearance and interchangability analysis as required.
- Prepare retrofit and modifications designs.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- General experience of design output ideally gained from within aviation engineering or related industry.
- Basic commercial and financial understanding.
- Strong analytical ability and logical thinking.
- Knowledge and basic application of Aerospace / Defence or similar design.
- Basic product appreciation.
- Experience in areas such as geometric tolerance, layout of engineering drawings in relation to US/UK standards.
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing methods.
- Creation and delivery of presentation work.
- CAD experience (ideally NX)
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
1st / 2.1 Mechanical Engineering Degree Accredited by I-Mech-E
- Attention to Detail - thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results - sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach.
- Judgement and decision making - evaluates key decision making criteria.
- Planning and organising - organises work of self and others.
- Analysis and problem solving - sees basic relationships and reacts positively.
- Working collaboratively - actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives.
- Professional/Technical Expertise - uses technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgment effectively.
- Initiative - acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
- Innovation - uses original thought to propose a meaningful innovative change