|Job Ref:||AD 000Y||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Qatar||City:||Ad Dawhah||Address:||Post Date:||26/10/2016 04:03|
Worley Parsons is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, empowered EPCM employing over 26,000 people across 42 countries. With a recognized global reputation as a provider of professional services to the energy, resources and complex process industries, Worley Parsons continues to push the boundaries and extend its capabilities around the world; |
We are now seeking expressions of interest for future upcoming projects for the role of Principal Structural/Civil Engineer for our In-house role to be based in Qatar.
Location: Doha, Qatar
KEY Accountabilities of Position:
1. Deliver discipline specific engineering services that meet WorleyParsons, its clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
2. Initiate, deliver, manage and if required supervise engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
3. Perform discipline specific engineering services such as:
a) ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
b) prepare project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
c) conduct appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
d) prepare and oversee the production of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports;
e) participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
f) provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
4. Provide technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline team and project teams; participate in peer reviews; and consult with relevant resources as required.
5. If responsible for a team:
a) outline project requirements, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
b) ensure the required services meet WorleyParsons, its clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
6. If required, act as the discipline Lead on specific projects.
7. Establish and maintain good working relationships within WorleyParsons, with its clients and other stakeholders.
8. Proactively resolve any discrepancies between WorleyParsons and its client's requirements.
9. Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
· Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
· Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
· Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
· Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
· Understands WorleyParsons Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
· Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
· Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
· Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its clients needs.
· Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
· A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
· Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
· Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
· Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity
i. Minimum 15 years experience required
ii. Middle East experience preferred
iii. Diverse experience in Infrastructure and Hydrocarbon Projects is a must.
iv. Design of large civil and structural projects in concrete and steel such as rail, bridges, pumping station, buildings, oil and gas etc
v. Certified records of past experience is a must.
vi. Having experience in structural design of rail stations is a plus.
vii. Having higher education is a plus.
viii. Having membership to international engineering committees is a plus.
ix. Structural design software
x. Shall be familiar with Euro, British and other International Codes, Standards and Specifications.
xi. Flexibility and ability to undertake project management roles if required
xii. Shall be an expert user of Structural Software such as STAAD Pro, in addition to using MathCad and MS Offi Guide:
Approximately 15 years
Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer