|Job Ref:||2016-12527||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Windsor||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 05:01|
Job ID: 2016-12527
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 2
Education (Minimum): NA Degree
Posted Date: 10/4/2016
Experience (Years): 5
An excellent opportunity has arisen for experienced and motivated Geotechnical Technician's with experience in geotechnical field testing (in place density testing using nuclear densometers, concrete quality control and assurance testing, reinforcing steel inspections, foundation inspections), to join the Windsor geotechnical team.
As a Geotechnical Technician, you will be required to take a leadership role providing direction and guidance to the team with regards to:
* Participating in the general daily routine of field testing practices;
* Undertaking field testing of soil, aggregate and concrete for civil and mining projects;
* Collecting and preparing soil samples for analysis;
* Carrying out non-standard experiments under direction of engineers;
* Participating in data collection and processing;
* Participating in sample receipt, handling and storage control;
* Participating in special waste management testing;
* Assist with coordinating field testing activities of junior and intermediate geotechnical technician staff.
* Diploma in civil engineering technology, engineering geology or related discipline;
* A minimum of 5 years of relevant geotechnical testing and construction experience (experience with in place density testing of soils and quality control of concrete is required);
* An ability to perform basic soil laboratory testing (grain size analysis, atterberg limits, density etc.) is preferred;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
* Ability to work within a team environment;
* High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
* Excellent mathematical and calculation skills;
* Additional experience within the construction industry is preferred; and
Experience with client communications and relationship management will be considered an asset.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest.
Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.