|Job Ref:||WAT00097||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Waterloo||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 05:02|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We are seeking a Regional Tax Manager to North America to join our growing organization. This role can be located in one of our three locations, Waterloo Ontario, Montreal Quebec, or Niagara Falls New York based on the candidates interest. This position will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to work with the Regional Controller and Group Finance to ensure the appropriate impost of corporate income tax is borne by each entity, achieve cost efficiencies in the day to day tax administration and compliance and meet internal and external compliance obligations including the on time an accurate payment of income, sales & use and other related tax returns for North America, including offshore branches.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Coordinate the collation and review of internal data from the financial accountants in preparing all taxation requirements.
• Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation, including that all payments are made in an accurate, timely and cost effective manner
• Ensure all tax payments are made by due dates
• Ad hoc. Tax assistance to finance and project managers including review of international transactions, ensuring taxation reporting, withholding tax and payroll tax issues are accurately dealt with including:
- Monitoring the presence of Group entities operating outside of their national border, having regard to the issues of causing Permanent Establishments
- Monitoring the presences of North American staff working outside of their national borders, having regards for issues causing Permanent Establishments or employee related taxes/imposts.
- Contributing to an seeking guidance form the international project tax knowledge database managed by Group Finance
• Assist with M&A activity tax due diligence
• Develop and maintain a full schedule of tax related payments applicable to the business (state, federal, and local) including frequency, due dates and persons/departments/advisors/responsible (inclusive of payroll and related matters)
• Maintenance of summaries of the incidence of and regulations governing taxation of GHD, its shareholders and staff in jurisdictions in which it operates
• Maintaining update to date knowledge of taxation laws and continuously improving methods and processes for consolidation of data.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Minimum 8 years' experience
• Tax Degree
• CPA or equivalent
• Manager/Director level attained in Big 4
• Exposure to US and Canadian corporate income tax
• Strong adherence to professional ethics
• Ability to plan, prioritise and organise
• Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written, open communication
• Strong relationship management with a collaborative approach and strong influencing/networking skills
• Ability to work independently and manage remotely
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.