We are recruiting for a Security Relief Officer for our Client to be based in Newport. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. The role holder will provide a visual deterrent, security, response and monitoring service at Airbus Defence and Space, Newport.|
Main Responsibilities / Duties Include
- To ensure the security and safety of the client team staff, contractors, working colleagues;
- To protect the assets of the client by following recognised best practice techniques/procedures
- To ensure the security and safety of the site
- To respond to emergencies and assist with the evacuation and searching of the buildings by following all requirements of the site Emergency Response procedures.
- Responsible to the Security Supervisor.
- Adherence to all Service Level Agreements as introduced by the business.
- Carry out necessary security tasks, both planned and reactive as per Assignment Instructions.
- Ensure that all procedural security requirements are met, if not exceeded, regarding the client's assets and occupants on site.
- Ensuring that H&S demands are observed and complied with at all times.
- Ensuring that all security procedures are adhered to by all persons using the premises.
- Security provision including H&S, Fire Precautions and First Aid.
- Ensure that work and behaviour meets and complies with set standards of time, cost, quality and quantity.
- Work to meet compliance with the agreed performance standards relevant to the role.
- Undertake relevant training to ensure performance meets the standards of skill needed to achieve multi-skilled competency.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards and procedures, e.g. reporting hazards, accidents and near misses.
- Operate as a security officer in accordance with the duties as laid down in the site assignment instructions.
- Dealing with incidents and emergencies in accordance with the Assignment Instructions. Where necessary escalate through the escalation process.
- Carrying out internal and external patrols as required
- Performing out of hours helpdesk procedures
- May work shifts as per operational requirements.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties or requests as required, as detailed by the Security Supervisor or FM Manager or their deputy.
- To monitor operational CCTV camera images within the Airbus Security Control Centre.
- To operate effectively all operational CCTV camera technologies.
- To prepare and maintain Security Control Centre equipment for operational use.
- To operate all other associated security control room technologies (perimeter alarms/object alarms/access control alarms).
- To interact with Emergency Services as required.
- Monitor all regional CCTV camera images to recognised best practise standards.
- Observe the location of all security team members to enhance safety and provide best incident response resource solutions.
- Arrange the use of automatic camera and screen sequencing to increase the likelihood of detecting incidents.
- Control the operation of all CCTV cameras to carry out necessary patrols.
- Inspect equipment for failures and faults.
- Arrange for the collation and viewing of CCTV images in response to incident investigation in line with the CCTV Code of Practice.
- Follow set procedures in the event of any incident/emergency event occurring.
- Monitor breaking news events and escalate any such event details affecting the region in line with standing operational procedures.
- Providing an immediate response to any major/minor incident occurring within the operational region.
- SIA Security Guarding and CCTV licence to be held (CCTV Subject to operational needs)
- Evidence of at least 6 months Security Guarding experience
- Must complete BS7858 Security Screening which includes a criminal and credit check