To define, plan, direct and delivery projects or sub-projects, with appropriate guidance, which meet both customer and business requirements. May manage projects or sub-projects or be responsible for part of a project portfolio. |
- Support bid and tendering processes to ensure bids meet customer needs, in line with business & commercial criteria that all risks are assessed effectively, and that bids are realistic and winnable
- Develop commercially viable project definitions to form a basis for developing and prioritising project plans.
- Develop and maintain coherent, fully integrated and workable project plans and budgets. Develop resource plans and liaise with all stakeholder functions.
- Develop accurate estimates in support of bids, annual budgets or cost to completion, and analyse "spend to date" data.
- Control, Monitor and Manage assigned projects or sub-projects, using techniques such as Earned Value, so that they are delivered to agreed time, budget and quality, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress against plan and, where necessary, intervening to resolve issues so that the project is delivered to plan.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to meet customer requirements, and lead in swift resolution of major issues.
- Ensure that activities on assigned projects are co-ordinated with related projects and functional activities so that delays are avoided.
- Lead, develop and motivate any reporting and assigned staff through good communication and honest open management techniques in keeping with the company values
- Build and maintain effective liaison with all functional groups involved in project/programme delivery