An opportunity has arisen within a team of specialised RF professionals for a Tactical Data Link Engineer.|
The RF Systems Group is responsible for the specification and assessment of a range of sub-systems used within complex weapon systems. Each member of the team performs a range of tasks and engages regularly with other areas of the business, external suppliers and customers.
The successful applicant will work as part of a Project Team involved in integrating a military tactical data link into a complex weapon. Their key responsibilities will be to support the acquisition of a tactical data link and assist with its integration into a weapon system.
In addition to this primary role, tasks may include:
ESSENTIAL PROVEN ABILITY / KEY SKILLS
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar)
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Providing technical expertise in design reviews and other forums
- Supporting trials in conjunction with suppliers and the customer
- Supporting the growth and improvement of existing and future test facilities.
- Ability to motivate yourself to achieve demanding and evolving tasks while maintaining a calm professional manner
- Detailed understanding of NATO Tactical Data Link doctrine, architecture and associated documentation.
- Understanding of JTIDS/Link 16; to include both JTIDS (transceiver) and Link 16 (messaging) functionalities.
- Detailed understanding of source documentation for JTIDS/Link 16 at both STANAG and MIL-STD level.
- Detailed understanding of the DLCP and ICP process, including the ability to comment in detail on extant DLCPs and counter propose.
- Detailed understanding of the concepts of Tactical Data Link operational, procedural and technical interoperability.
- Detailed understanding of the document sets and any certification processes associated with the above.
- Generation of test strategies
- Good engineering practices, such as requirements definition, design certification & validation, and configuration control
- Flexible, "can do" attitude, enthusiasm and a willingness to get involved
- Knowledge of current military communications systems
- Knowledge of spectrum management/co-siting interference calculations etc.
- Knowledge of current error correction, compression and encoding methodologies.
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Knowledge of configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PDM and DOORS
WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)