Contract 12 Months - Brough Job Profile Overview|
The Flight Systems team at Brough is a multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled engineers responsible for the design, specification, development, testing, safety and through life support of the aircraft mechanical and electrical generation systems. The team also provides support to new business proposals as well as close working with, and management of, specialist suppliers of components for aircraft systems and their associated support equipment.
Vacancies exist for mechanical engineers to join this team in a demanding environment where a varied scope of tasks exist covering a number of aircraft systems throughout the lifecycle.
Subsystem specialisms include hydraulics, flying controls, environmental (air cycle) systems, propulsion, crew systems, electrical generation, fuel systems etc
- Potential candidates should ideally have a background in systems engineering and understand the processes involved in developing requirements, specifying, testing, integrating and qualifying equipment and systems as well as analysing safety and providing support to customers and stakeholders. They must also be skilled in problem solving techniques and able to communicate complex issues in an understandable manner to all levels of the business.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles in equipment and systems design is essential and practical experience of the Hawk product and domain skills such as fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, escape systems, hydraulics, fuel, air systems etc would be an advantage.
- Candidates should be able to work with initiative and minimum supervision and be aware of the business drivers in respect of cost, quality and programme.
- It may be a requirement of the job to travel occasionally to national destinations as well as other Client sites.
- Good interpersonal and team skills are important in the role. Daily interaction with other stakeholders both internal and external to the client is required. Report writing and presentations, as well as an ability to contribute to team meetings effectively are essential requirements
- The successful candidate will be required to have an awareness of the cost implications of his/her own actions and seek continuous efficiency improvements.
- The successful candidate will be required to be aware of, and ensure that he/she adheres to, Quality procedures, processes and standards.
- The successful candidate will be involved in utilising and recommending improvements to procedures or quality standards.
- A working knowledge of other functions, internal and external customers, suppliers and other parts of the business is required.
WE SEEK FLIGHT SYSTEMS ENGINEERS X 4 WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)