Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||40346502||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Queensland||City:||Queensland||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:05|
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountabilities.
The Superintendent Water Planning will lead the new Coal Water Planning team to deliver hydrological planning, investigation and design to deliver: dry pits for mining, enduring water stewardship, protection of mining assets from flooding, and reliable water supplies for Coal operations.
The role will work closely with the broader Water Planning group for superior water management results across Minerals Australia.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop a safe, productive and fulfilling work environment for the new team
- Lead mine water management activities including: water balance modelling, water transfer planning, wet weather preparation, data and knowledge management, monitoring and reporting, tails water planning, input to mine development studies, input to capital planning, and environmental approvals and stewardship.
- Drive the integration of water activity into business processes and systems
- Ensure outputs are fit for purpose and maximise business value
- Support the development of processes and ensure their ongoing adherence and improvement
- Develop budget plan and control spend
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Degree in water engineering, geosciences, environmental science, or water resources management. A related post-graduate degree is desirable
- Extensive experience in mine water management, hydrological studies and water regulation
- Strong engagement skills with a range of audiences
- Well-rounded business skills
- Ability to write high quality business and technical reports
You will be based in Brisbane, Queensland, in the multi award winning office tower. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40346502
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.