Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||40351802||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Queensland||City:||Queensland||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:05|
Technology Work Management is responsible for maintaining disciplined work management processes, including preventative and planned work of BHP Billiton production and non-production IT and OT systems. These systems are tightly integrated with the processes that support the mining, logistics and key business functions of the business.
Reporting to the Manager - Work Management (Australia), within the Technology team your duties will include:
- Manage the planning and scheduling of technology work, utilising existing tools, operating standards and work management/service management processes to deliver a premium level of business support.
- Lead, coach and mentor team members to ensure delivery against performance targets.
- Lead and support the planning and scheduling of logical and physical technology work for all functions in accordance with the Work Management and Service Management processes.
- Lead the development and validation of the maintenance budget based on preventative and corrective maintenance work strategies in 1SAP.
- Guide planners in the creation and planning of 1SAP/ESM work orders/tasks as per defined scope, which enables effective deployment of resources, including personnel, service providers and materials.
- Guide planners in the scheduling of work based on the priority of the event to be performed and associated risk.
- Lead the optimisation of work planning and scheduling to reduce waste and increase value adding work.
- Lead the creation and communication of the 1-12 week maintenance plan and schedule for Operations Execution.
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant experience in Information Technology, Work Management Planning or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
- Demonstrated ability in planning and scheduling using work management principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships with people at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven analytical, reporting and problem-solving abilities
- Skilled across a broad range of technologies
- Skilled in Software Asset Management
- Ability to implement strategic initiatives
- 10+ years relevant post-qualification experience (i.e. preferably in mining within a work management planning and scheduling function)
- Experience with 1SAP Work Management processes
- Experience with forecasting and resource planning tools
- Exposure/experience in Planning, ideally in the Mining or the Resources Industry
- Familiarity of ServiceNow (or familiarity with ITSM tools)
- Experience in managing a team of people to deliver against a business plan.
- Experience with performance management
- Experience in driving continuous improvement and cost effectiveness initiatives
- Well-developed experience engaging and influencing key stakeholders
This role will be based in Brisbane
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40351802
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.