An exciting 12 month Fixed Term contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced Principal, Global Accounting Policy to join our Reporting team.
Reporting's strategic objective is to ensure BHP Billiton produces relevant and reliable management and statutory reporting in a robust, compliant and timely manner under a common set of principles.
This role takes responsibility for the proactive delivery of timely and accurate accounting advice to support complex issues and transactions arising from the Groups interest in Samarco, including the preparation of technical accounting papers and Risk and Audit Committee papers.
The role requires travel to Brazil to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
In this exciting role, your key responsibilities will include:
- maintaining regular contact with all relevant internal and external Samarco stakeholders, keeping abreast of changes to facts, planned activities and transactions to proactively identify potential accounting issues
- proactive delivery of timely and accurate accounting advice reflecting analysis of the Group's Accounting Policies, Accounting Standard requirements and guidance, past practice of the Group and global peers, regulator expectations and other analogical situations
- preparation and /or review of external announcements, disclosures for inclusion in the Group's financial statements at half year and year end and local reporting requirements for BHP Billiton's interest in Samarco
- updating internal BHP Billiton documents to reflect resolutions reached
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Diverse finance experience, including a good technical and practical understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and external reporting requirements
- Demonstrated success operating in a global organisation of significant scale with strong leadership competencies and behaviours consistent with BHP Billiton Charter Values
- superior communication skills, with the ability to influence and build constructive relationships and credibility with diverse stakeholders and cross functional teams
- Outstanding problem solving and technical writing skills
- Strong understanding of relevant legislation and internal and external compliance requirements
- Bachelor of Commerce/Management/ Finance or Accounting degree, CA/CPA and Big 4 background is essential
- Exposure to SEC reporting preferred.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity please apply online.