|Job Ref:||EMP373966||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£35,000 - £50,000/year||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:30|
My client, a principle design and build contractor working in the midlands, is looking for experienced Site Managers to join their delivery team on a waste water infrastructure work stream of projects.|
Experience of waste water infrastructure projects
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Manager. You will be responsible for overseeing all activities and staff to ensure that procurement, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
Working with the client to ensure that the key deliverables at the relevant stage of the project are administered to the highest quality. The Site Manager will ensure that the proper interpretation of the project is established and the delivered scheme meets and exceeds the expectations of the client.
Working with the client to enable the most efficient and cost effective approach in delivering outstanding projects while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety, quality assisted by the Commercial team you will demonstrate and develop financial controls that detail profit and loss and detailed cost to complete reports for each scheme.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
• To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
• To regularly review project status ensuring all options have been considered and evaluated to improve construction performance.
• Ensure commercial challenge at all times
• Promote Near Miss and Positive Intervention reporting
• Strong leadership with employees on site
• Engage with Supply Chain
• Quality Assurance
• Environmental control
• Development of strong team working relationships
• Ensuring all project KPI`s and KPM`s are achieved
• Upload documentation as and when necessary in line with business requirements
• Developing accurate project programmes and responsible for weekly updates
• Developing accurate cost forecasts
• Cost risk management and early identification of problematic issues on site
• Produce safe and efficient sites
• Ownership of the project, costs, programme, documentation, site activities, procurement etc
• Bring innovative ideas
• Meet set targets / monitor against SM KPI’s
• An industry applicable qualification
• Water Industry knowledge is essential
• Experience of deep drainage opencut works
• Experience of dewatering excavations
• Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Civil engineering.
• Commercial and contractual awareness
• Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Self motivation
• Be able to organise yourself and others workload
• Be able to work in a strong team environment
• Be proactive in your approach
• An excellent communicator
• A high level of diplomacy and customer focused