|Job Ref:||EMP375634||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Farnborough||Address:||Post Code:||OX17||Salary:||£35,000 - £58,000/year||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:30|
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a rapidly growing team within a company with multiple projects with the European Space Agency and the UK MOD. |
RF, IC Design, Analog
The role itself sits within a brand new team of RF design engineers within a small company at a new and impressive site, based just outside London.
The team are working on a range of IOT projects within the commercial sector, as well as the next generation satellite communication phased array systems. The RFIC team will develop a MIMO RFIC chips for cm-Wave frequency range.
As an RFIC designer you will:
• Own a full RFIC block from preliminary design to post out ( ex : Transmit path, Rx Path, LO generation )
• Be a part of the system architecture definitions and RFIC spec definition
• Consider and propose alternative implementation topologies, taking into account aggressive performance and power consumption requirements
• Lead the layout implementation of the block and perform post-extraction simulations
• Participate in top level integration and optimization of the full chip
Industry experience in analog and/or RFIC design
Experience in design of multiple RFIC blocks from initial stage to Tape Out. Solid understanding of the designs details, tradeoffs, and alternatives of at least one of the following topics:
• PLL or clock generation circuitry
• RFIC PA/LNA/Mixer/Filters/VGAs/detectors
• Bias and sensors bandgap, LDO, thermal and voltage sensors
Familiarity with the following tools:
• Cadence ADE
• EM environment ( HFSS, CST, Momentum )
MSc. Or above in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
If you would like to know more about the opportunity or the company, please get in touch.